Prepare your home like a Pro ready for us to paint.
- Take down any photos, mirrors and ornaments and store them somewhere safe, any breakables of ‘Knick Knacks’ box up until we have finished.
- Move furniture. If you have the storage space, you should completely clear the room of furniture. If that’s not possible, just move it to the centre of the room. We will bring protective sheets to the job. Leave any heavy or awkward furniture, we will take care of that
- It’s worth removing curtains and blinds to protect them. This may even be a good opportunity for you to get them dry cleaned?.
- If you’re prepping the walls yourself, make sure you finish the day before so the we can start straight away.
- Pro Tip: Toupret Filler is perfect for making minor repairs to walls when you’re in a hurry. It dries in no time, sands easily and doesn’t shrink or crack.
- Run the vacuum cleaner over the carpet so there’s no dust between the carpet and the skirting. The last thing you want is dust sticking to the new paint before it dries. We will vacuum at the end of every day to reduce dust.
- It may sound obvious but make sure you have enough paint. There’s nothing more disruptive than having to run to the paint store halfway through decorating. If you prefer we can supply all paint to make your decorating stress free, we will also calculate the exact amount required